1- Information collected:
A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to user’s computer when user visit a Website. When user visit the Website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize user’s browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. User can reset his browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some Website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
Cookies are used for various purposes:
(a) To enhance the user’s online experience,
2- How the information is used/collected:
3- Information sharing and disclosure:
Website may disclose the information as follows:
• To service providers or partners that Website have engaged to perform business-related functions on Website behalf. This may include service providers that: (a) conduct research and analytics; (b) create content;(c) provide customer, technical or operational support; (d) conduct or support marketing (such as email or advertising platforms); (e) fulfill orders and user requests; (f) handle payments; (g) host website services, forums and online communities; (h) administer contests.
• In response to legal process, for example, in response to a court, a law enforcement or government agency’s request or similar request.
• Website might transfer some or all of user’s information if the Website, or one of the Website business units, undergoes a business transition, like merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all part of its assets, or if a substantial portion of its business unit’s assets is sold or merged in this way.
• Website may share information with unaffiliated Partners and third parties (e.g. our third party service providers, advertisers, advertising networks and platforms, agencies, other marketers, etc..) that wish to market products or services to user.
• Website may use the personal data, user content or any other info in an anonymous way without identifying the user as an individual to third parties. This includes for instance aggregated data about the usage of the Website to third parties for such purposes as Website deems to be appropriate.
4- User’s Consent:
By visiting the services, whether as a registered user or otherwise, the user acknowledges, either accepts and agrees or refuses that he/she is giving us his/her consent to track user activities and user use of the service through the technologies described in the website, as well as similar technologies developed in the future.
Users can withdraw consent at any time.
They have the right to object, the right to access, the right to erase, right to restrict the processing of the personal data. Furthermore, users have the right to request records for data already collected from user.
The Website unaffiliated partners and third parties may themselves set and access their own tracking technologies when user visit the Website services and they may have access to information about user and user online activities over time and across different websites or applications when user use the service. Their use of such tracking technologies is not in Website control and is subject to their own privacy policies.
In case Website is collecting sensitive data (relating to confidential medical facts, racial or ethnic origins, political or religious beliefs or sexuality), this will require the intelligible consent of the user.
It is acceptable to give users the opportunity to “opt-out”.
5- Data storage:
Website will retain the user’s personal data for a period of 30 days or for the period of providing the services and for the business purpose.
Once the Website stops providing the services and the data is no longer needed then it will either destroy it or delete it.
Don’t miss a thing! Sign up to receive daily news
You’re into tech? So are we. Maybe you should have a look at Step Feed’s daily newsletter to stay in the loop. Sign me up!
COPYRIGHT © 2021 STEPCONFERENCE.com